By browsing our website or using our systems or services, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Policy and consent to the processing of your personal data and information in accordance with it, as applicable.
- Methods of obtaining consent,
- Objectives of data collection,
- Purposes of data processing,
- Personal information collected,
- Data processing methods used,
- Access and control of personal information,
- Sharing and reasons for sharing personal information with third parties,
- Retention of personal information.
Respecting privacy and protecting personal information are essential to us. Through this Policy, we intend to safeguard this information in accordance with applicable laws.
To ensure this protection, SECONDCELL commits to collecting, processing, and sharing identifiable information only with the individual's consent, unless permitted or required by law, in which case your consent will not be necessary.
The goal of this Policy is to inform users of the reasons and manner in which SECONDCELL or any entity acting on its behalf will collect and use their personal information. The Policy aims to be clear and understandable to ensure informed consent from users.
For the purposes of this Policy, "personal information" refers to all information about an identifiable individual or that allows identifying an individual. Whenever possible, we will anonymize, pseudonymize, and/or aggregate this information so that it no longer identifies an individual.
2. Methods of obtaining consent:
We commit to obtaining consent before collecting an individual’s personal information. Consent may be explicit or implied and may be provided directly by the individual or through an authorized representative. The form of consent may vary depending on the circumstances and the type of information sought.
If you are a minor under the age of 14, please do not provide personal information through the site without the express consent and presence of a parent or guardian.
We prefer to obtain explicit consent, whether verbally, electronically, or in writing. However, implicit consent may reasonably be inferred from a person's actions or inactions. For example, providing a name and address to receive a publication or a name and phone number to get a response to a question is considered implicit consent to collect information containing personal details. To determine the appropriate type of consent, we consider the sensitivity of the personal information involved, the purposes for which it is collected, and the reasonable expectations of a person in a similar situation.
If we wish to use personal information for a new purpose, we will describe the intended use and request consent again.
In certain situations, especially when requested by the government, it is not always possible to obtain the individual's consent to collect, use, or disclose personal information. We commit never to disclose such information except in accordance with this Policy, unless legally required or permitted.
To learn more about these particular situations, please refer to articles 18 to 26 of the Act Respecting the Protection of Personal Information in the Private Sector for the provisions applicable in Quebec.
3. Objectives of data collection:
Here are some reasons why we collect your personal information:
- To provide products and services: We will collect and process the necessary data and information to fulfill our mission and contractual obligations.
- To ensure and improve these products and services: Data collected during your interactions with our services may be used to analyze and enhance the functionality of our products and services.
- To develop new products and services, and for AI: The collected data may be used in research and development to offer new products and services to our users, including through advertisements and marketing messages. Additionally, collected and aggregated data may be processed by algorithms utilizing artificial intelligence.
- To offer personalized products and services: The collection and analysis of data generated by your interactions with our services enable us to develop and create products and services that are relevant and continually meet your cultural and entertainment expectations, including providing accommodations for clients who require them.
- To evaluate the performance of products and services: Data is collected to obtain information on the advantages and disadvantages of our products and services, to evaluate and address them if necessary, including through surveys. This allows us to ensure the quality of our products and services and to facilitate risk management.
- To protect the privacy of our users: The collected data allows us to verify identity and protect the privacy of individuals who communicate with us by phone, electronically, or otherwise.
- To meet legal obligations: Data is collected to comply with obligations arising from laws, regulations, or international treaties.
4. Personal Information Collected
SECONDCELL may collect personal information in various forms, but will do so only through lawful means and solely for the necessary purposes that have been disclosed to you, as described in this Policy, or when allowed or required by law.
The personal information collected, as well as its sensitivity, can vary depending on the context of the interactions between you and SECONDCELL. That is why we must prioritize informing you of the nature of the personal information we use.
We protect all the collected personal information. Among the personal information likely to be collected and used, we pay particular attention to the following:
Name and contact details. First and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar data used to communicate with you.
Identity verification. Passwords, password hints, and other similar security information used to identify you and access your account.
Demographic data. Information about you such as your age, gender, country, and preferred language of communication.
Payment data. Data necessary for processing your payments, such as the payment instrument number (e.g., your credit card number) and the associated security code.
Subscription data. Information about your subscriptions to cultural events and also to newsletters from cultural companies.
Images and sounds. Audiovisual data to ensure the security of our users, particularly in places where cultural events for which we are organizers or hosts take place.
Interactions. Data related to your use of the websites, platforms, and tools created. This includes data that you provide in order to use the products. In other cases, such as error reports, it is data that we generate.
Other examples of interaction data that we collect include:
- Data on visited sites and usage. For instance:
- Payment and account history. Data on the items you purchase and activities associated with your account.
- Troubleshooting and help data. Data you provide when you contact SECONDCELL for assistance, including the products you use, and other information that helps us resolve your problem.
- Interests and preferences. Data on your interests and preferences, such as the artists or music style that encourage you to attend concerts, the types of exhibitions and cultural events that interest you, and the cities you are willing to travel to for certain cultural events. Aside from the information you explicitly provided, the other data we collect sometimes allows us to determine or guess your interests and preferences.
- Content consumption data. Data on multimedia content (e.g., television, video, music, audio, books, apps, and games) that you access through our products.
- Searches and orders. Search queries and orders you use when using our website.
- Text, input, and handwritten data. Text, input, and handwritten data, along with related information.
- Location data. Data, which may be precise or not, about the location of your device. For example, we might collect location data from your device's IP address or data from your account profile indicating less precisely where you are, like the name of a city or a postal code.
- Other data. Other data provided when you use our website, including data derived from Google Analytics.
SECONDCELL may also collect personal information, indirectly, through the use of :
This collection through third parties may be necessary to use certain services or programs, or so to otherwise do business with SECONDCELL. When required, SECONDCELL will obtain consent from the individual at the appropriate time.
5. Purposes of Data Processing:
Provide our products and services. We use the data to operate our products and services, as well as to provide you with rich and interactive experiences.
Product and/or service improvement. We use the data to improve our products, including adding new features or capabilities (Error reporting at the time of ticket purchase, or when consulting an online program, etc.).
Personalization. Some products include personalized features, such as recommendations that enhance your experiences and satisfaction. These features use automated processes to tailor your experiences based on the data we have about you, such as inferences we make about you and your use of the product, your activities, your interests, your location.
Product and/or service development. We use data to develop new products. For example, we use personal information that we anonymize or pseudonymize to better understand our customers' needs.
Customer support. We use data to diagnose and resolve issues related to products and/or services, restore access to your personal account, and provide other support and assistance services.
Help secure and troubleshoot. We use data to help secure and troubleshoot our products and services. This includes using data to ensure the security of services offered to our customers, detect malware and malicious activities, troubleshoot performance and compatibility issues to help customers get the most out of their experience, and inform them about updates to our products and services. This might include the use of automated systems to detect security issues.
Security. We use data to protect the security of our products and our customers. Our security features may prevent the operation of malware and notify users of malware detection on their device or use video surveillance to ensure public safety during events.
Surveys and promotional communications. We use the data we collect to provide surveys and promotional communications. You can subscribe to email subscriptions, respond to surveys, and choose whether or not to receive promotional communications from SECONDCELL by email, SMS, postal mail, and phone. For more information on managing your contact details, email subscriptions, and promotional communications, refer to the Access and Control of Your Personal Information section of this policy.
Relevant offers. SECONDCELL uses data to provide you with relevant and important information regarding the products and services offered. We analyze data from various sources to predict the information that will be most interesting and relevant to you, and communicate it to you in various ways. For instance, we can predict your interests in terms of shows and suggest new activities that might interest you.
Advertising. SECONDCELL uses data collected through its interactions with you, some of our products, and on third-party websites to advertise our products and services, including on third-party sites. We sometimes use automated processes to make the advertisements more relevant.
Commercial transactions. We use data to process your transactions with us. For example, we process payment information to provide customers with product subscriptions and use contact details to deliver products purchased in our online shops/ticket offices.
Reporting and business operations. We use data to analyze our operations and improve decision-making. This allows us to make informed decisions and create reports on the performance of our business activities.
Protection of rights and property. We use data to detect and prevent fraud, resolve disputes, implement contracts, and protect our property. For example, we use data to confirm the validity of tickets sold to fight fraud. We can use automated processes to detect and prevent activities that violate our rights and those of third parties.
Legal compliance. We process data to comply with the law. For instance, we use our customers' age to ensure we meet our obligations regarding the protection of children's privacy or to ensure the customer meets the recommended age for the audience. We also process contact details and identifiers to help customers exercise their data protection rights.
Research. We use data to conduct research, including for scientific purposes and in the public interest when allowed by law.
6. Data processing methods used
SECONDCELL places the utmost importance on the security of your personal information and is committed to handling it according to industry standards and norms, solely for the purposes for which it was collected as described in this policy or in a specific notice to that effect. However, absolute safeguarding of this information is impossible given the security limitations inherent to internet transmissions. Consequently, the information transmitted to us is ultimately at the user's own risk and peril.
7. Access and Control of Personal Information
SECONDCELL ensures that all personal information in its possession is as accurate, current, and complete as necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
You have the right to request access to your personal information for verification purposes and to request a correction if they are inaccurate. If you believe that your personal information is incorrect or if you wish to access your personal information, you can make a request using the contact details provided at the end of this Policy.
To the extent of our capabilities, we will provide you with timely access to your personal information. However, for security reasons, we may need to verify your identity.
Moreover, there may be circumstances where we cannot give you access to your personal information. Notably, when access can lead to the disclosure of personal information about another person, and this person refuses to consent to the disclosure, or when legal restrictions apply. If such a situation arises, we will inform you of the reason why we cannot give you access to your personal information.
If your request pertains to data appearing on third-party web pages or platforms, please contact these third parties directly.
8. Sharing and Reason for Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
SECONDCELL does not sell, trade, or rent your Personal Information to third parties.
Sharing of Personal Information can first be done with:
- Our service providers. For some providers to render their services, SECONDCELL may need to communicate certain Personal Information to them. However, these providers are bound by contractual agreements that provide for confidentiality obligations and the prohibition of using this information for purposes other than performing their services. They generally restrict themselves to the bare essentials necessary for their services and must be destroyed once the objectives for which they were provided are met.
- Certain third parties, in the context of a business transaction. Indeed, in the event of a change of control, merger, liquidation, reorganization, or other transaction involving SECONDCELL, we might have to share certain Personal Information.
- Some advertising partners. SECONDCELL might share certain Personal Information with its advertising partners (e.g., Meta) to determine your use of a social network platform, and then present you with certain personalized advertisements.
- SECONDCELL may also authorize the use or disclosure of your Personal Information to the extent provided or required by law, including under court orders.
- SECONDCELL may also use or authorize the disclosure of your Personal Information to protect its rights or properties as well as to protect the safety of the Site, its users, and their data.
9. Cookies and Similar Technologies
The cookies used mainly help to retrieve search history and the carts (e.g., ticket purchases) linked to the session, to facilitate the user's online browsing experience. It is important to know that enabling the cookie option can, depending on the chosen configuration, allow other servers to install cookies on your system. You can set your browser settings to inform you of the presence of cookies, thus giving you the opportunity to accept or reject them.
Please note that our website may contain links or references to third-party sites. This policy ceases to apply as soon as you leave our website and SECONDCELL is not responsible for the collection or processing of personal information by these third parties or through these external sources.
10. Preservation of Personal Information
SECONDCELL keeps the collected data for various periods, depending on their nature and usefulness in offering our products and services. During the retention period, SECONDCELL takes physical and technical measures to ensure the security of data containing personal information.
The main locations where personal information is stored are the cities where SECONDCELL has offices or facilities and in the cities where Shopify has servers containing data collected by SECONDCELL.
Personal information may be stored outside the country in which you live, if a third-party provider or another entity to whom we disclose personal information according to this Policy is located outside the country. In such cases, personal information may be subject to the local laws of the countries or territories within which the information is collected, used, disclosed, or stored, and government authorities and law enforcement agencies of these countries or territories may have access to it.
Once the retention period has expired, personal information is destroyed. Only statistics or reports containing depersonalized and anonymized data may be retained for extended periods.
11. Other Information
Changes to these rules:
Data protection officer:
SecondCell (9354-7180 QC INC)
395 Boulevard du Séminaire Nord, Suite 103, St-Jean-sur-Richelieu (Québec), J3B 8C5
Last revision : September 20th, 2023